Winter fashion essentials
November 28, 2014
Fashionistas, it is time to say good-bye to crop top season and say hello to thick cozy sweater weather. That’s right, the chilly winter season is here, but don’t fear, because these winter fashion essentials are sure to keep you comfy and warm while looking fabulous!
- Circle scarves! They were in style last year and it seems as though they’re here to stay. As Tony Cane-Honeysett said, “Fashion may go out of style, but style never goes out of fashion.” This season, layer your outfit with a knit circle scarf; it adds coziness and a touch of uniqueness to any ensemble.
- Knit headbands! This is yet another reoccurring trend, perfect for any chilly season. They are cute and stylish, and will keep your noggin toasty warm.
- Knee-high socks! These are great to wear with knee-high boots! Purchase a pair that is tall enough to peek out from the top of your boots; it will give a casual but sophisticated vibe to any outfit.
- Knee high boots! We have to keep our feet warm and protected from the fluffy snow, but who says we can’t do it in style? Choose the right pair for you (maybe with a heel?); whatever is comfortable and pleasing to you is most important. These boots come in different colours, but my personal favourite is a dark burnt orange.
- Ankle boots! Who said we have to stick to one type of shoe the entire winter? Change up your footwear once in a while with these go-to boots; it makes the cold weather seem more worth it when sporting your fabulous style!
- Leather gloves! This timeless piece is chic and elegant, and keeps your fingers away from that pesky frostbite. Find a pair of gloves that suit you. They come in various colours and some are even decorated with fur and wool. Personally, I prefer them in a classic black!
I hope these essentials will give you a few ideas on how you can stay warm and cozy while still being stylish this winter season! Remember to wear what suits you, and as Ralph Lauren states, “Style is very personal. It has nothing to do with fashion. Fashion is over quickly. Style is forever.”